These vegan chocolate chips banana muffins are filled with almond butter for a scrumptious, creamy deal with with each chew. These muffins might simply be dessert however may be loved as a part of a weekend brunch or for a candy snack anytime.
When In Doubt, Add Chocolate Chips
There’s one thing about chocolate chips in baking, isn’t there? How they keep in place however soften on the identical time, making for little chocolate explosion surprises. That mixed with banana and almond butter in these muffins? So good.
For dairy-free chocolate chips, I like to recommend Take pleasure in Life Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Morsels. Lily’s additionally has vegan Darkish Chocolate Chips what would work properly. In the event you can’t discover any chocolate chips, you should use chopped darkish chocolate. I like manufacturers like Alter Eco and Inexperienced & Black’s.
Vegan baking is simple as pie, particularly with the assistance of an egg replacer like floor flax seeds. To make a “flax egg,” merely combine floor flaxseed with water and let it sit to kind a gel. Flax eggs work properly for binding in every kind of vegan baking recipes. For extra choices for changing eggs in baking on this put up: Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
Under you’ll see how the flax egg takes care of it sits and types a thick gel.
Almond Butter Filling
The almond butter filling is elective however as you possibly can see within the photograph under – it provides a most scrumptious twist to those muffins! You should use any nut or seed butter for the filling. I used almond butter however peanut butter is scrumptious, as is sunflower seed butter or tahini in the event you choose the recipe to be nut-free. You can even skip the filling and simply bake as is, they’ll nonetheless be scrumptious.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe
To make these banana muffins you’ll want baking fundamentals: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, oil, plant-based milk and sweetener. From there, you’ll want some ripe banana and chocolate chips and also you’re all set!
Extra Baking Recipes
Loving this muffin recipe? You would possibly like these too:
- 1 tbsp floor flax combined with 2 tbsp water
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, mashed (about 110 g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
- 2/three cup unsweetened almond milk (or different plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (white vinegar or lemon juice additionally works)
- 1/four cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/three cup complete wheat flour
- 1 half of tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- half of tsp salt
- half of tsp cinnamon
- half of cup mini vegan chocolate chips (regular-sized is ok too!)
- 6 tbsp nut or seed butter of selection equivalent to almond butter or sunflower seed butter, elective (2 tsp per muffin)
- Pre-heat over to 400 F.
- Whisk the flax along with the two tbsp of water in a small dish and put aside.
- In a big bowl, mash the banana with a fork till clean then combine within the flax combination, vinegar, maple syrup, almond milk and melted coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine collectively the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry substances to the banana combination, together with the chocolate chips and gently fold collectively till “simply combined.”
- Spoon some batter into 9 frivolously oiled muffin tins, filling them about half of full.
- Add a little bit dollop of almond butter to the center of every tin (this step is elective).
- High off every tin with the remainder of the batter. Be sure to unfold it round to the perimeters, fully protecting the almond butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take away from oven and let cool in muffin tray earlier than dealing with.
Key phrases: simple, stuffed, whole-wheat, vegan banana muffins, vegan chocolate chip muffins
This recipe was initially printed January 30, 2014. It was up to date August 2019 with new photographs and improved directions.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins