Earlier than we get into these scrumptious potatoes, we need to thanks in your help on our new desserts e-book! It really means the world to see you guys having fun with it. And in case you missed it, we simply launched an e-book, full of our favourite vegan and gluten-free dessert recipes which can be nice for the vacations and past. You’ll be able to study extra about it and purchase yours right here.
And these potatoes! There’s no such factor as too many concepts for carby vegetable sides in our e-book, and this one is so tasty. We layer thinly mandolined potatoes with silky kale and bake them in a miso-pine nut sauce, till golden and crispy on high and delicate and creamy inside. The result’s pure coziness. Wishing all our American buddies an ideal vacation and an ideal remainder of the week to everybody else <3
Vegan Miso Kale Scalloped Potatoes
for the miso pine nut sauce
- 1 cup pine nuts or a mixture of pine nuts and cashews – soaked for 2-Four hours
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dietary yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (non-compulsory)
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder/flakes or pinch of purple pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper – to style
for the scalloped potatoes
- 1 giant bunch kale – any form, stemmed, leaves roughly chopped
- avocado oil – for oiling the pan
- 7-Eight medium Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes (about 2½ lbs) – sliced skinny on a mandolin
- sea salt
- smoked paprika – for sprinkling
to make the miso pine nut sauce
- Drain and rinse the nuts. Add the nuts to a high-speed blender, together with the miso, mustard, tamari, apple cider vinegar, dietary yeast, garlic powder, thyme, if utilizing, chipotle/pepper flakes, broth/water, sea salt and black pepper. Mix till easy. Style for salt and pepper, and alter if wanted.
to make the scalloped potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200°C).
- Heat a 10-inch forged iron pan or different giant pan over medium warmth. Add the kale and a splash of water. Cowl and let the kale wilt for about 3-5 minutes, turning the warmth right down to low about halfway. Switch to a bowl and put aside.
- Wipe and oil the identical 10-inch forged iron pan (or one other baking dish of the same dimension) with avocado oil. Organize half of the potatoes over the underside of the pan, overlapping them, and sprinkle generously with sea salt. Scatter the wilted kale over the potatoes and pour half of the sauce over. Observe with the remainder of the potatoes, salt and the remainder of the sauce. Sprinkle with the paprika.
- Cowl and bake for 30 minutes. Take away the quilt and bake one other 30 minutes, or till the potatoes are cooked by way of (particularly examine in the course of the pan) and golden on high.
Stuffed with our favourite, vegan and gluten-free dessert recipes on the planet.